1. Is the Guild of Service recognized by the Government of India?
The Guild of Service is one of the oldest NGOs in India and the largest in terms of diverse areas of work in Chennai. The Guild is recognized by the Central and State governments and some of the projects are partly aided by the government.
2. Will I get tax benefit on my donations?
Yes, donations to the Guild of Service are eligible for 50% tax exemption under Section 80 (G) of the Income Tax Act of India.
3. How many programs does the Guild of Service run?
The Guild of Service has over 20 ongoing programs with many new programs underway.
4. How many beneficiaries are there from the various programs of the Guild of Service?
Annually there are close to be 18,000 direct beneficiaries from the various programmes of the Guild. The indirect beneficiaries from these programs are many more.
5. Apart from Chennai, where else does the Guild of Service have a presence?
The Guild of Service has presence in many other States. It has 16 affiliates spread across Delhi, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and other cities/ towns of Tamil Nadu. You can see the complete list under ‘Our Presence’.
6. How will I know whether my donation has been used for the cause I contributed it for?
You will be sent an annual letter intimating you on the usage of your valuable contribution for the sponsored child/ children/ project.
7. Is it possible to be a volunteer at the Guild of Service?
We would be more than delighted to welcome volunteers for any of the programs. If you are interested, please get in touch with the Honorary Secretary on 044-2819 4279/2819 4828.